Taster Session for Parents and Children
A great opportunity for parents and children (ages 7+) to come and learn to use the sewing machine together. A nice two-hour session to see if you and your little/not so little one(!) likes it and may wish to continue on a more regular basis. You will both make a pin cushion and needlecase.
Course Length: 2hrs - £30.00 materials included per person.
What will I learn?
- how to operate a sewing machine safely
- how to fill the bobbing and thread up the machine
- practising straight lines, turning corners and curves
- securing your stitches at the beginning and end of each line of stitching
- hand sewing buttons
- selecting and using decorative stitches on the machine
- changing a machine foot
- applying interfacing
- slip stitching
Before booking, please read our booking terms and conditions, which can be found by clicking here
Due to current status with COVID-19 we can no longer provide all of the basic sewing kit for use during our classes and workshops. We will still provide the sewing machines and pressing areas but you will need to bring your own basic hand tools.
If you do not have these essentials, we have put together sewing kits with all of these items. Available in-store and online, in both adult and child versions.