Sale! Zadie - Tilly and the Buttons
Sale! We are offering a selection of discounted patterns. Some with superficial damage to the packaging and others that have been discontinued or are no longer in print.
Was £12.50, Now £8.00
Love sewing knits? Take it up a notch with the cleverly constructed Zadie dress. The striking Z-shaped seams, empire waistline and semi-pleated flared skirt create a flattering fit, with practical in-seam pockets and a round neckband. With a choice of cap, three-quarter or full-length raglan sleeves, you can wear Zadie at any time of the year for effortless style that's oh so comfortable.
If you’re a fan of the Coco or Agnes patterns, this project will take your knit fabric sewing skills to the next level.
Like all Tilly and the Buttons sewing patterns, Zadie includes easy-to-follow instructions with photos showing you how to sew each step – making it easy for you to create gorgeous clothes you can be proud to say you made yourself.
Last Chance for a Paper Copy - No Longer in Print
SKILL LEVEL - Improvers
FABRIC SUGGESTIONS – Medium weight stretch knit fabrics such as ponte di roma, double knit, interlock, jersey. Check the fabric can be stretched crosswise at least 20% wider than its original width, and that it pings back down to size after stretching.
- Fabric - Long or 3/4 sleeve – 2.5m (2 ¾ yards) x 150cm (60in) wide OR 2.8m (3 yards) x 115cm (45in);
Cap sleeve – 2.1m (2 3/8 yards) x 150cm (60in) wide OR 2.3m (2 1/2 yards) x 115cm (45in)
(It's always a good idea to buy a little extra knit fabric to allow for shrinkage. See below for fabric lengths for colour blocked versions)
- Matching thread
- 0.9m (1 yard) of 6-8mm (1/4in) stay tape, clear elastic, ribbon or strips of knit interfacing
- Ballpoint or stretch needle for your sewing machine
- Sewing machine with a zigzag stitch and basic tools (a rotary cutter, mat and walking foot are useful)
COLOUR BLOCKING YOUR ZADIE DRESS?
You will need the following amounts of fabric:
- Bodices – 0.5m (5/8 yards) x 150cm (60in) wide fabric or 115cm (45in) wide fabric
- Long or ¾ sleeve + side panels – 1m (1 1/8 yards) x 150cm (60in) wide fabric OR 1.3m (1½ yards) x 115cm (45in) wide fabric OR Cap sleeve + side panels – 0.6m (3/4 yards) x 150cm (60in) wide fabric OR 0.7m (3/4 yards) x 115cm (45in) wide fabric
- Skirt, pocket facings + neckband – 1.5m (1 3/4 yards) x 150cm (60in) wide fabric or 115cm (45in) wide fabric