Adults Soft Furnishings - 6 Week Course
You will learn how to make a roman blind, machine lined curtains, and a piped zipped cushion cover.
The course costs £250 and includes all materials (except a cushion pad). The course takes place on Fridays 10am-1pm, for 6 consecutive weeks.
What will I learn?
- Roman Blind
- the importance of accurate measuring
- calculating the depth of the pleats
- choosing suitable fabrics
- how to apply tape for the rods
- mitreing corners
- attaching velcro
- slip stitching and bar tacks
- Machine Lined Curtains
- How to get your fabric cut accurately so it drapes straight
- Applying 3" pencil pleat tape
- How to make hems
- The use of lead weights to add to the drape
- Mitring corners
- Attaching a lining for a professional finish
- How to use a "walking foot"
- Pressing techniques
- Piped Zipped Cushion
- How to finish the raw edges of your fabric
- The use of a cushion template when positioning a patterned fabric
- Using an L shape and metal ruler to aid accurate cutting
- How to apply piping and achieve beautiful corners and joins
- Inserting a zip
Before booking, please read our booking terms and conditions, which can be found by clicking here
Due to current status with COVID-19 we can no longer provide all of the basic sewing kit for use during our classes and workshops. We will still provide the sewing machines and pressing areas but you will need to bring your own basic hand tools.
If you do not have these essentials, we have put together sewing kits with all of these items. Available in-store and online, in both adult and child versions.