Adults - Intermediates to Dressmaking - Six Week Course
Course Length: 6 Weeks x 2hrs
This is a great follow-on course from our "Beginners to Dressmaking". On this 6 week course you will perfect your fitting skills by making a fitted top. You must already have made at least one garment previously before signing up for this course, so that you are already fairly confident with commercial patterns.
What will I learn?
- measure yourself correctly and choose the right size
- make adjustments to the pattern to best fit your shape
- bust adjustments
- the importance of toiling
- using interfacing and how to choose the right one
- how to apply facings
- make bust darts
- make an opening with roulleau loop and button
- choosing appropriate seams and finishes
- making a hem and using a twin needle to finish
The cost of the course is £170.00 including your pattern – All you will need to purchase is your fabric and haberdashery – we of course leave you to choose these.
Before booking, please read our booking terms and conditions, which can be found by clicking here
Due to current status with COVID-19 we can no longer provide all of the basic sewing kit for use during our classes and workshops. We will still provide the sewing machines and pressing areas but you will need to bring your own basic hand tools.
If you do not have these essentials, we have put together sewing kits with all of these items. Available in-store and online, in both adult and child versions.